Saturday, October 20, 2018

Last days of a sunny autumn

This autumn, after a windy start, has brought some very beautiful and warm days to continue the unusual heat wave that hit us during summer. As I have had the luxury to have some days off, I have had the opportunity to do a lot of things, although, as always, time has not been enough for everything.

I have for example, finally retouched one of the windows that I had finished maybe one or two years ago. Sadly it is not finished. I should have taken care of the inner frame when summer was at its best, but I ended up prioritizing probably very wrong here...

The putty has detached itself from the glass. Some pain had then fallen off due to the humidity. I tried to seal that again
As our pool house is not yet completed, I have also tried to move forward in that project.
Waterspouts are some of the missing parts.
We have chosen a metal material so that we could paint it quite easily. This is called aluzink in Swedish. When making these choices there are always a lot of parameters to be taken in consideration. Already during the roof renovation we had discussed a lot what kind of metal one should have, what is best to paint on and so on, and we have learnt few things on the way.
Now, this is possibly not the best material anyway ever, but I decided that we should take a risk as at least it is a cheap material and if something goes wrong we can just change it.

Squeezing the eaves in the car
So, some of the parts we could order them standard (I hope they will work... I fear that). Some though didn't exist in aluzink. I had then to drive to Hässleholm, to our trustworthy beater (wonder if that is really the word in English) to get this piece. The road there was one of the most boring ones ever...

Finally, this was not really my doing, but there has been some progress in the garden.

One of our apple trees got a big broken branch. I blame Mattias putting all his weight on the hammock that was hanging there, but the branch was most likely already in a bad state and his weight and the apples weight just gave it a final blow.

The cut branch

The apple tree without the branch

What was cut down 
Now, we have plenty of stuff to throw - but that has to wait as we are in "picking apples season".
At the same time, some of the flowerbeds have got to be freshen up.


The front flowerbed after some care (and a piece of my thumb, I guess)

No comments:

Post a Comment