Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The little grind

 We have a little grind, between where we park the cars and we could sit having dinner. Something that probably the owner just before us installed in the garden. 

Last year, we found one of the decorative pine cones on the ground and we realized it was very much high time to fix this little grind. 

I can't right now find the picture of how it looked then. Nevertheless, the blacksmith came and took the grind with him. He told us to try to sand the pillars and fix them up, thing that we didn't really exactly managed to do. Time but also skills have been an issue. 

The gate is back and the pillars are sanded
This august we finally got back the grind. I then begged the blacksmith to try to help us with the pillars and he did something with one of them, after reinstalling the pine cone on it. 

The pine cone
I had very much hurry then to at least apply a first layer of paint with some protective rust paint (järnmönja) but of course, the weather was not on my side: rain was forecasted.
I went in the evening out and with the head lamp on I applied, as best as I could, the first layer of paint. We then left the sun umbrella open, hoping it would not blow away, for avoiding the rain to just destroy everything I had done. 

It actually worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment