When I manage to do the (what I called) "spring cleaning" of a room, I try to see if there are things to fix. It often happens that I need to also retouch the color on the walls, for a reason and another.
Few years back, I was trying to fix Oscar's wall and I noticed that we didn't have the right paint color. I went to the shop and based on the names that we had stored from when we painted the house (sadly with plastic based color - standard) in 2012, I bought the smallest available jar.
![]() |
| The jar |
![]() |
| The documentation we kept - I am impressed with did |
I did retouch the wall, but the result turned out to be awful. The patches just looked of a slightly different shade and even if the average visitor wouldn't see, I do.
![]() |
| This is not great... |
![]() |
| It is super obvious when one look here, that they are two different colors |
I did my "spring cleaning" last year again and decided to handle the problem.
I had to take few rounds to the shop and, after managing to pull a little piece of the paint/wall and show it to the shop assistant, I got the right mix (almost).
A bit of a pity, that the producer of this color has decided to change the nuance in the years, but good that one can fix the issue (although a bit time taking).
We have another room (the entrance) with the same issue, so that will be another round of attempts.
![]() |
| Same place, but right color |
![]() |
| Now one can barely see that I had the patch the wall |






No comments:
Post a Comment