Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Just been painting

The last couple of weeks I have been painting a lot.
Possibly to compensate what I haven't painted (and should) in the past months.
Anyway, the focus has been the gutters & co, using of course linseed paint. I must confess that this was quite fast when done in the basement and satisfactory considering the decent result.
It looks like an armor
 A good amount of parts to try to make sense of


What to paint, gutters, some of the roof metal work and downpipes
As usual we complicated a bit our lives, but in this sense we needed to have the same colors as the house also on the pool house (well, need. I am not sure anyone will check, but I think it makes sense to have some coherence).

We chose "Aluzink" as metal this time, to try it out, because generally cheap and because it should be also rust resistant on its own.
So, for our case it actually fixed some of the problems we had.

Painting is ongoing
I really like the finish look






Just get done one after another..

This roof foot became a little bit too thick, but as it is under the tiles it is not as important.

And as often, the white is not actually easy at all. I am going to need many layers!
It took me a while to get this "done", as once mounted of course there were some scratches and I hadn't painted with a layer everything, because I thought it was not going to be used, plus, everything occurred much faster than I have planned for...(again the contractors timeplan didn't match mine and that was not really communicated so that I could speed up the drying of my painting...)

Now, there, everything is mounted. I just need to paint a lot!
Again painting in white has been quite time consuming, as it didn't really cover properly (in reality I need to retouch some green part because I have been a bit sloppy.

There, we are getting close to the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment