Thursday, January 23, 2020

Wonderwoman and the curtains

I did mention the curtains last time, so after this big teaser it is good to show at least some parts of the progresses.
On the sides of the windows (the four from the tower part and the other window) in the living room, there should be curtains in form of a drapery, hold together on the sides.
The textile was chosen and delivered. After a lot of thinking, as it is hard to make jugend style curtains in that area, i think, we picked some William Morris pattern. It is not really jugend, but it is often seen in old environments and it will work fine even if in the future we will have a wallpaper on those walls and not just the red paint.
Curtains, rolled up
Curtains have been sewed up, but as I miss the "inner" curtains and, especially, the rings to hold them up, I haven't put them up as it is probably not going ot be the smoothest operation.

The living room got also some further update when I quit my job at Assa Abloy. One of the girls in my team is an illustrator as thanking for my effort during the year there she made a wonderful drawing of WonderWoman, definitely my favorite character from the DC comics world.
We thought that the portrait would fit close to the board games (as in the playful part of the room, I guess)

WonderWoman portrait
WonderWoman and the board games
Finally, I thought yesterday that we live with the best shop ever closed to us. 
Erikshjälpen. I checked online what they had the other day and I spotted a letter holder in Jugend style. 
I went there and in a leap of an impulsive purchase I brought it home.

Letter holder
   At least some reward as in this period I am "spring cleaning" (in winter time) the kitchen and that's not funny at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment