Friday, April 30, 2021

There is always something new broken

For everything we fix, there is always at least one new item/part/element/whatever that gets broken. 

I do realize that we are supposed to keep ourselves very busy, but sometimes I would like a bit of mercy to be able also to have some progresses, especially right now where everything is languishing due to the pandemic.

That the stairs would give up soon, it was just matter of time. We saw it coming and it took forever to find a company that could handle the job. Then, thanks to corona, they didn't have time for us anymore this spring so we booked the fixing of the stairs up for this autumn.

Stairs have collapsed

They have come for a short inspection and they will patch the stairs so that we can use them to the moment that they will redo them for us.

Smaller, but still significative damage, was done by me while trying to handle the regular thousands of liters of cat pee that I find sprayed there and then in the house. 

I usually use vinegar for handling the pee and I took the bottle from the basement. Sadly, it wasn't properly closed, so while walking on the platform from the stairs to the kitchen, I manage to spill some of it on the concrete, probably original floor. 

Good job, Arianna!

I didn't think about it there and then as I was rushing through the cat pee cleaning operation for then starting the day and when I thought of going and check how it went, I realized I had destroyed the floor.

I am not trying to threat it with some special oil, but the result so far is no good.



Just oiled, that looks good. Sadly, not the same result when it get dried..

No comments:

Post a Comment