It was way back in 2012 when we moved from our apartment to our house. Back then we did know little of the real world!
Anyway, in 2003 we did buy our bedroom's furniture at Mio and we still have it! We have of course then moved it through the three places where we have lived, but when we moved to the house we had some sort of company helping us out with the actual transportation and when we got our bedroom's furniture home, one of the drawers in one of the nighttable was just not opening/closing as it should anymore.
We asked whoever helped us moving to check it out and the result after he dismounted it/mounted it back was that he removed some of the small balls in the bearing in the drawer slide and that the drawer was somewhat closing and opening again.
![]() |
| The working slide |
After 14 years I decided it was time to finally fix it properly. So I started to dismount it and try to squeeze back the small balls but it turned out that the slide was not really straight and even though I half succeeded in the putting things back in order it was not really great anyway.
![]() |
| The broken slide |
![]() |
| It took so much time to fix mounting/dismounting |
I then concluded the best was to buy a new slide and that turned out to not be an easy operation anyway as the measures can vary a lot. So, eventually, after going through few shops I concluded that I could pray that I would find the right one online and I sort of did.
![]() |
| New and old slide |
![]() |
| Old and new |
I mounted it then and sadly I could not secure the last screw as the premade holes were of course not in the right position.
![]() |
| I could not fix the holes just right |
The final step was therefore to drill a new hole. I am not super duper happy of that but I think that was maybe the best thing to do and now at least the drawer seems to be working better than before. Maybe this was just a lot of fuzz for such a small improvement, afterall the drawer have been working fine for twelves years...
![]() |
| There, now we have drilled enough holes and secured the slide. |







No comments:
Post a Comment