Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Finally, shadow

The project of having curtains in the tv and music room has taken a bit of time. As all the projects, it starts with a need and an idea, for then developing in a mass of small details that need to be synchronized and fixed.
The curtains, few minutes after we had installed them, with a beautiful sprint light shining through them
We have had the curtain rod up on the wall for a while - sadly too long. We needed the blacksmith to come back to shorten it the necessary.
And although the William Morris side curtains have been ready since the autumn, I couldn't ever win an auction with proper and sufficient rings and clamps to hang them with and, considering how smooth it is to put up and down the big curved rod, I wanted to wait also for the white curtains.

The curtains behind the piano
We are still not completely "done". We managed to accelerate the process around the tie backs, by purchasing the screws that will be used for mounting. But this step will take (I know) few months if I won't pressure for making it happen.

Evening light
Apart from that, it is clear that I need to spend more time on some auction to try to get more rings with similar clamps. Let's hope it won't take too much.

The smaller window
Additionally, for the white curtains in the center of the tower room, I think it is necessary to possibly get some double tie-back to hold them together. 
I have tried to look around for something like that but failed, hence, slightly embarrassed because we did just joke about my stream of requests, I contacted again the blacksmith for a "own designed" one.
Today it was not very sunny, so we let the light come in
And if I know how it will be, it will take many messages, chats and some patience to get all three missing parts in place - and maybe I should say four, because I have to fix the wall that got scratched during the previous attempt to install/dismount the big curtain rod from its location.

Detail of the ring and clamp


No comments:

Post a Comment