Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Lilac and stairs

 In the attempt to make the garden better, we have covered a flowerbed towards our southern neighbours with some plastic and started to plant new things (maybe I will share how it looks another day). Anyway, I was checking how it was coming around, in an evening walk in the garden, while picking one apple or two, and I saw that one of our lilacs is not in great shape. 

The lilac with a glimps of the flowerbed

Detail of the leaves
After an inspection, it turns out that it is affected by armillaria, some sort of spore that has basically killed the plant.

At the same time, and after non few discussions around paint and where to paint, we are maybe hopefully finalizing the stairs to the basement.




This was after a first hand of paint, if I understood right, it doesn't look like painted at all to me. But I will take pictures when there is some relevant different. I believe it will take 2-3 hands of paint.
It will be nice to see this finished. Then, of course, I wish that the banister would be still shining green and not covered in a dark patina and that the leaves would not keep falling...


No comments:

Post a Comment