Sunday, March 10, 2019

So be light

Having the right amount of lights and the right type of lights is of course a science on its own, also for us.
I think we have made good progresses in the light sector, but of course there are still needed improvements (some depends also on rooms that still after 7 years are waiting for a restoration).

One of the critical spots have been the "reading" light in the guestroom. We have had a relatively big lamp (belonging to Mattias' family), in a late jugend style. In search of some form of more practical light, I have put a Jugend table lamp, with a beautiful big orange shade, that can still be too far off to reach when in bed.
(And by the way, the shade is actually not secured whatsoever, so when I clean the room I am just worried that I will hit that nighttable a inch too much and I will have opal orange glass shattered everywhere - I bet I jinxed it now!)
The orange Strindberg lamp 
I have been having in the mindset for a long time to have some wall mounted lamps as reading lamps.
And then I stumbled over an online auction which sold the perfect ones (except the electrical cord being horribly brown and 70ish). I succeeded in winning the auction and after "just" three months we actually got the lamps on the wall!

The newly mounted reading lamps
The beauty of them is that of course they are jugend as they should, but they even match the big lamp that has always been in this room. Not a super perfect match (these ones are in copper style, while the lamp is in brass), but I think the differences are making a good combination anyway.

I think we can improve the cord and maybe put the lightbulbs in :)

Time to go to bed...


No comments:

Post a Comment