Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March and spring

March can be potentially an interesting month. The garden is awakening at the first sun light, the days gets longer and the amount of things to do just explode as the garden kicks in.
Romeo is guarding the entrance during a sunny day

During this period I try to squeeze in even more.
1) I repot most of the plants. I don't know if also other human beings do this, but Feb-Mar (and often even April, as this year) I focus on the indoor plants.
Blurred example of the lucky bamboo after repotting
In the years I got some kalanchoe and I have managed to make the family expand. This year I am trying to make small plants from the ones I have, but they are not very popular anyway...
Baby Kalanchoe


2) The garden is getting alive. I start to cut when I can some bushes, like spirea or hortensia, before they start to grow too much. I also try to remove the carpet of leaves that are especially around the red beech. Spring flowers are popping up quite quickly.

Strong grape hyacinth are blooming

Daffodils (narcissus) taking space from the leaves
3) Seasonal change of clothes. Sometimes one can start already in March, not this year. Still pure set of winter clothes. In this case the improvement is that I got two clothes racks that I have put in the tower room, where once upon the time we had some huge and space taking wardrobes.
Now that they were gone, clothes have been hanged a bit inappropriately, so I am happy to have thought of this solution.
When it will get warmer I will switch the clothes...

Racks at the tower room
4) Easter. This is lent time and I decorate as always the house. I enjoy it a lot doing it with the kids.
This year påskris 


No comments:

Post a Comment