Wednesday, April 3, 2019

I am doing it again!

In some strange way, lately I have managed to force myself to continue the work with the windows that has barely progressing for a long while. As the situation in the vind is probably compromise by my speed (water, wind and whatever must have gone in and impregnated floors and walls in the two years the window has missed) I decided that it was high time to put my act together and just do it.
Just few layers of paint are missing. The other side is done
I had to play around with the putty, which was a very painful and long process. I tried to scrape old paint off the wooden profiles, but that is almost impossible...
But I am getting there and I am so looking forward to finally have the window back over my bedroom.
The window had the lower parts rotten, so I had got a carpenter to fix it nicely
I suppose that the moment the window will go back in its location, we shall celebrate.

I have also continued with the frames for the windows up in the attic. This window I am attacking now got renovated when we did the roof and I left undone the inner frame. 



High quality picture, when I am oiling at night
Also here there are just few layers left and some retouch. Nothing major. Let's hope I conclude in few weeks. Then I can move on to the last window in the attic and the other two frames. I will though prioritize all the painting that needs to be done for the pool house...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete