Friday, August 9, 2019

Not a good week

Progresses are currently made by Mattias who is trying to fix a lot of stuff that breaks now or that has been broken forever. 
In all of this, since I am working, I try to come home and hope that the weather is merciful enough for me to pain the pool house or work with the stones behind it.
Of course, I could also paint indoor some parts, but there are also other things I want to do...

We have been having the carpenter showing up, trying to adjust our garage doors, which unfortunately, as they are heavy, have a tendency to tilt slightly.
In a previous attempt, the carpenter had put some washer to tilt back the doors and it did help at the time.
We had asked the blacksmith to fix some metal bars to apply on the back of the doors, to stabilize. The carpenter's hope was that that would also tilt them back, but that of course didn't happen.

The metal bars are mounted on the doors
Mattias managed also to put the handle buckler but we had some issues with the one for the key, as the holes are too big and the buckler wouldn't be attached to anything.
The mismatch with the key buckler

The garage doors. When looking at them one can see the uneven gaps due to the tilting
In an imperceptible manner, I have now geared up a bit towards the pool house painting. The main problem is that when I have the time, the weather is unstable. If I can't paint, it is sunny and shiny.
It is also imperceptible because first I have been oiling everything and now I am putting the first base layer, which though is almost on the transparent look.
This is under the roof. Do you see any form of painting?
Maybe seen from the other direction?
When preparing for the base painting an accident happen. I misplaced a paint jar on the edge of the table, thinking it was longer than it was in reality and the opened jar fell straight upside down.
I used kitchen tool toys for picking up as much paint as I could.
I have almost picked up all the paint here
That was not the only accident of the week. 
I had noticed that one of the downpipes around the veranda was hanging a bit too much, due to the vine that is pulling it out.
Well, the other night it was probably a bit more windy than normal and (together with Isabella's sunflower which had been grown beautifully) the downpipe fell on the ground (and the vine too).

The downpipe is waiting to be put back
With the output, of course, of having an additional task to have to fix.











No comments:

Post a Comment