Monday, June 22, 2020

Shelves

Sometimes one has just to have patience.
Switching from "Billy" IKEA bookshelves (or similar) to better ones requires a bit of luck, especially when the kids' bedrooms are already crammed with furniture and toys and putting a classical big jugend bookshelf is utopia.

The idea has been then to try to find something that could be hanging on the walls, and as the time was passing I thought we would have ended up asking the carpenter to make one for us or similar.

But one day, in one of my daily checks for jugend items on Tradera (the local Ebay), I did find a very lovely piece that would have fit us very much (and it seems Isabella appreciated that too).

A beautiful flower decorated shelf
The small shelf is decorate with inlays of flowers, possibly Iris, which seems to be the recurrent flower in our home (both as windows, furniture and even flowers in the garden).

We are putting books on it

Details

The corner of Isabella's bedroom with the shelf
Certainly, the shelf beauty is a bit hidden by all the books, but that's just a detail.
Then, of course, also Oscar wanted to have something (well, he didn't really scream out loud on it or nagged about it) and on an auction online I saw a Jugend shelf that didn't get very popular.
I can guess why. When I went and pick it up, it was a massive piece and if the one of Isabella's seemed tinier than my imagination had thought, this one was definitely larger. 
My bad that I never check all the parameters of what I try to buy.

Oscar's shelf
Luckily, despite my clumsyness in not making sure the measurements would fit us, the piece fit the wall where it was supposed to be placed just perfectly fine.
Details

The good thing with the size is also that it can swallow a lot of books and items. 
Maybe I am on my way to get rid of a Billy bookshelf, finally?

Oscar's room with the shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment