Wednesday, June 24, 2020

They are back!

Once upon the time I feel in love with a furniture set. An IKEA (!) set "1700-talet", (hand)made in the 90s. After some digging I eventually managed to buy what I thought would fit in our veranda.

Unfortunately, though, it took few years and its age started to appear in terms of holes a bit everywhere and a bit too much.
So, I thought we would have to fix it up. Also this.

But now, they are finally back. It was a bit sad to see the "naked" couch and not be able to use it at all. Not that we sit there often anyway, but at least the look matters quite much ;)
The couch and the foot rest
Sadly, the exact same textile was not available. It had bigger squares. I don't know if by searching for more than the time I put into it, I would have actually succeeded in finding the right one. I do not like so much to compromise with how things were originally.

The armchair. The covers for the arm supports are still to be finished
We are almost nailing this. A small piece of textile needs to be ordered furthermore for the arm supports cover. They were simply too short and looked a bit weird (again... I have hard time with copromises...).
But, finally! We can sit there! I am sure the cats will be happy :) The foot rest was one of Pico's favorite places to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment