Sunday, February 21, 2016

A chimney head (?)

I don't really know if this is the right translation for the word "skorstenshuvud" or "skorstenskrona" but that is what we had when the house was built.
And since this is becoming a "let's move into 1906" project (yes, I definitely have openings for a maid) we are of course trying our best to reproduce that detail.

The chimneys as they looked 1909
Already when we did the roof renovation, we were aiming at getting back that piece of metal sheet. Luckily, we didn't do it at the time and that was a wise choice. From other pictures it looked like there was one piece on each chimney, but we got this picture later on and it turned out clear that that was not the case at all. 

Anyway... we finally got an hang of some proper tinssmith and we discussed design and function. 
Hence, few months ago we got a template for giving us an idea.
Out template, a section of how the "chimney head" should look like
Now, after the ok. We are just waiting that we will get the real thing....

View of the template from under (in theory at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment